Although, electricity supply is not top notch in Nigeria, there are still some places with exceptional supply. These are the top places in Nigeria with the best electricity access. They are known to enjoy between 22 to 24 hours nonstop access to energy. Feel free to visit any of these places whenever you want.
- Ahmadiyya, Lagos: Ahmadiyya is the 3rd bus stop after Abule Egba bus stop in Lagos, along Abule Egba – Sango expressway. It is on both sides of the expressway. The indigents of this area are connected on a 33 KV line, an industrial power line. Ahmadiyya enjoys at least 22 hours uninterrupted power supply in a day. On an occasion that the supply is cut off, it is restored within 10 to 15 minutes. Interestingly, when occupants of other areas complain about unstable power, “Ahmadiyyans” never stop smiling and they incur no additional costs different from the normal bills.
- Powerline, Osogbo: This is the first landing point after power leaves Egbin in Ikorodu, before moving up North and East. Power outage here never lasts up to 45mins before power is restored.
- 1004 Estate at VI: They have dedicated power supply with mini substations fed from 33kV lines.
- Bonny Island, Rivers state: Bonny Islands is located in Rivers state. The island is connected to NLNG power line and people who live there enjoy 24 hours non-stop access to electricity.
- Christland in Ondo Town: FFF estate in Christland is one of those areas that enjoy quality supply. Occupants enjoy electricity for at least 23 hours 30 minutes in a day. Power outage does not last longer than 5 minutes. This is probably why getting accommodation there is difficult. Some houses even get paid for before completion due to the rush for the place.
- Redemption camp: They have constant power supply and the power is generated right in the camp. There is a 10MW turbine that generates electricity. It is really a country on its own.
- Ijede, Lagos: Ijede is located in Ikorodu area of Lagos state. Inhabitants of this area enjoy the advantage of being close to Egin power plant – one of the largest power generating plants in Nigeria. A guy testified, “My generator became useless when I moved here since December 2015. I only back up with my inverter for few minutes when the power goes off for 15 to 30 minutes.”
- Ihovbor community: It is located in Edo state and its inhabitants enjoy nonstop lighting since the past administration built a powerful electricity generating turbine that serves as their source.
- Aboh/Okpai in Ndokwa land: This is located in Delta state. They are connected to AGIP turbines which supply steady electricity, up to 22hours a day, to their host communities and surrounding villages.
Other places include:
- Ogulagha Town in Delta state.
- Ibasa off Ijegun, Lagos Island, Lagos.
- Bamako Estate, Ojodu, Lagos.
- Chinda, Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
- Aliade, Benue state.
- Ibeno in Akwa Ibom state.
- Afaha Ube Itam, along Ikot Ekpene road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
- Ofatedo along Ede, Osun state.
- Urua Ekpa, Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
- Tinumola Estate, Osogbo, Osun state.
- Oba’s Palace/Government House Axis of Benin City, Edo state.
2 thoughts on “Places With The Best Electricity Supply In Nigeria”
Thanks u very much. Can u please tell me where in Ikeja the have constant light